Introducing Emilee’s NEW Brush Lettering & Watercolor Workshop featured at Love of Character in Wichita, Kansas
I have just loved partnering with Love of Character––my all time favorite gift and paper goods shop––to bring you my Calligraphy Workshops! It has been such a joy to meet students of many different artistic levels and experience, and a privilege to pass on my years of artistry to these wonderful people! More recently I have received several requests for a faux-ligraphy (fake calligraphy), brush lettering, and a watercolor class from clients and past students. Therefore, I have decided to create a workshop just for this! Does a pointed pen intimidate you? Would you like to learn some basic marker and watercolor artistic skills? Do you need an easy way to do some fun lettering without having to whip out a plethora of supplies? Do you want to bring new life to your handwriting, envelope addressing, and card-making? Are you an experienced letter who wants to add a new skill to expand your repertoire? Need a special gift for a guy/gal in your life for Christmas or a fun date out? Then this is the class for you!
Emilee will be teaching all about lettering and basic loose floral watercolor skills. You will learn basic marker and brush techniques and troubleshooting, how to create a brush-lettering style, form loose illustrated florals, and the steps to take a piece from concept to finalized artwork. Along the way, Emilee will also demonstrate how to combine the letters into words, how to create/define your own style and artistic touch, and how to blend colors on the page to create an ombre look. Each student will receive one-on-one attention and individual help and go home with a finished piece to frame!
Join us Saturday, January 27th from 10am-12:30pm at Love of Character (3200 E Douglas, Wichita, KS 67208). And you’ll definitely want to save some time to shop afterwards! Mary’s shop is colorful, fun, and full of treasures!! Tickets are $89 and include all of your supplies that you get to take home and keep!
The entire kit includes:
- Brush Lettering & Watercolor instructional workbook
- 3 of Emilee’s favorite artistic brushes which include two small round brushes she uses for lettering and one large round brush for washes and floral artwork
- 36-color watercolor palette
- Water jar
- Sketching pencil
- 2 of her favorite markers for lettering
- Spiral-bound notepad (30 sheets) of Canon watercolor cold-pressed paper
- AND A BONUS for this class is a jar of both white and gold ink. Emilee gets asked all the time what are my favorite inks in gold and white, so she decided to add this on as an additional perk for this class! These inks are perfect for contemporary envelope addressing or to just add the extra special touch to your project!
Click here to purchase your tickets from Love of Character’s website. Tickets are nonrefundable; however, if you are unable to attend, you can transfer your ticket to someone else or pick up your kit at the shop! We can’t wait to see you there!!